Thursday 6 December 2012

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation



Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation - £4.99

I bought this foundation on a whim when I saw it was on sale in Tesco a few weeks ago, and to be honest after I asked myself if I'd actually use it. I have a love-hate relationship with foundations of all types and colours, just for the pure fact that I'm never pleased. My skin tone changes so much because I tend to tan quite easily and quickly, so virtually all of my foundations are different colours. I've also developed a love for high coverage foundations, which to be honest a lot of mine aren't, so I think I just feel that nothing compares to what I want. It sounds silly I know. Anyway, I decided I may as well try it seeing as I saved about £3 (I love a good bargain!)

I used Rimmel Wake Me Up a lot in the summer and absolutely loved it, so I'm already sold on Rimmel foundations as being good products. At the time I was still quite tanned so I bought it in 'Soft Beige' which is number 200 on the Rimmel chart. As I bought it from Tesco I didn't really have chance to try it on my face, so did the most awful thing EVER and tested it on my hand... all you bloggers should shoot me now! I always get told that its the worst thing to do ever ever and that you should never test like this, but I didn't really feel like removing my face in Tesco just for a £5 foundation. I took the risk and actually, when I got home I found it suited very well.

The foundation itself is a really nice, creamy texture and it doesn't feel like you've got too much on when its on your skin. I like to feel like I have something covering my face, but not so much that I feel caked in make-up. It blends really well and the colour was really good for me at the time (my tan has suddenly now faded/lack of faking it.) Admittedly when I wear it now I do look a little dark, but I think its definitely going to be my 'tan foundation.' The coverage is actually really good and I was overall very impressed. It felt quite nice against my skin and this may sound a bit weird, but it felt like my skin could breathe underneath the foundation. Overall I'm really impressed and actually quite tempted to buy it in a lighter shade for winter.

Have you tried Rimmel Match Perfection before? What are your thoughts?


9 comments :

  1. It sounds like a lovely foundation, after using BB cream all summer I decided I wanted a foundation with more coverage for the winter and went back to my trusty old Clinique. What I've found though is that if I apply my foundation with a brush, building the coverage in places that need it is a lot easier :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How is Clinique foundation? I've heard some mixed reviews about it but I never really have chance to try. Yeah I tend to use that technique too :))

      Terri xo

      Delete
  2. This sounds really lovely, i've been thinking about getting it to try out, but i'm not too sure on my shade and I don't like asking for assistance. Blah!

    Laura xoxo
    http://pale-girl-reviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never like asking haha but I always tend to pick the wrong shade, so I probably should!

      Terri xo

      Delete
  3. I saw this foundation along with the Wake Me Up one reduced to under £5 in Wilkinsons. I decided to pick up the Wake Me Up one because I'd heard so many good things about it and I hadn't heard so much about this foundation. This looks and sounds really good too though :) ! xx

    http://belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Wake Me Up one :) I used it a lot in the summer and it was so lovely, but I thought I'd try this for the price anyway. I do think I need a lighter shade at the minute though, so I'm tempted to see if it's still on offer.

      Terri xo

      Delete
  4. This is my favourite foundation! I find it really hard to find a foundation that has a really pale shade and this one goes one lighter than most '010' and its perfect and I love the way it feels on my skin too:D good post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely :) I love it too! I've got it in two colours because I really struggle matching my skin but I'm hoping the darker one will be good for when I have a tan in the summer.

      Terri xo

      Delete