Friday 20 July 2012

Hair Repair On A Budget


From the amount of different colours I've had on my hair, yet alone the four or five years of bleach and silver toner, it is safe to say that it isn't in the best condition. I usually wouldn't touch any other hair treatment than the VO5 Hot Oil treatments, but after stumbling across this for less than half the price I thought I'd give it a try. I tend to use the Deep Nourishing treatments from VO5, which are about £5 usually. This substitute was from Home Bargains, which I think is amazing for little beauty and hair buys if you don't want to spend a lot of money. Usually I'm all about spending on my hair as it definitely needs taking care of, but I thought it won't hurt just to give these a try.

You shampoo your hair as normal and first put an unopened Treatment 2 sachet into hot water, where it will heat up for about one or two minutes. Treatment 1 is a wheatgerm conditioner, which you apply first to damp hair and leave in for one minute. After you have washed that out, you then apply the Treatment 2 and massage it into your hair. This is the hot oil treatment and only needs to be washed off after a minute.

My honest opinion? I found them brilliant! Admittedly they aren't as good as the VO5 treatments, but that goes without saying. For £1 I would definitely buy these again if I needed a quick and cheap hot oil treatment. You get three treatments in a pack and I only tend to use them every couple of weeks when I can feel my hair drying up. They leave your hair so soft and shiny, and they aren't the best smelling products but I can cope with that for amazingly soft hair.

No comments :

Post a Comment