Wednesday 1 August 2012

Review: Sexy Pulp Ultra Volume Mascara

Yves Rocher Sexy Pulp Ultra-Volume Mascara (£16.90)

This is a Glossy Box June (2012) review of the little mini mascara that was included in my box. I have a million and one different mascaras that I hardly ever use for various reasons, but this still doesn't stop me buying more. I love big long lashes and I'm the worst at applying false eyelashes, so a good mascara is a must for me - especially on a night out. I usually take a huge bag with me but somehow never have room for a mascara, so this mini version was perfect at first glance. 

The description on Yves Rocher's website says that the mascara gives 'lash-by-lash volume without clumping', but when I first applied the mascara it clumped straight away on the ends of my lashes and in the corners of my eyes. I applied another coat and this helped to straighten out some of the clumps, but it did feel like my lashes were very sticky and clumped together. I combed them through with an eyelash comb, which did sort this out a bit, but I still found there were little clumps of mascara on the ends of my lashes. The colour is really good though and it leaves your lashes looking very dark, which is always a bonus. The curved brush is also a nice thing to have, but I'm not sure that it really helps to achieve anything, as it still made my lashes clump together.

Overall the mini size is a brilliant idea, but I just wish I could get on better with the mascara. At the minute Yves Rocher have a 50% sale, so the full size mascara is now only £8.45 if you want to try it out.

No comments :

Post a Comment