Wednesday 8 August 2012

Review: Impress Press-On Manicure

Impress Press-On Manicure - Broadway Nails (£7.99)

I've been tempted to get my nails done for a long time now, but I'm always unsure because I have a slight habit of biting the skin around my nails when I'm tired or stressed. I didn't see much point in having my nails done until they had healed, so I decided to give these a go. I keep seeing them advertised and I'm a sucker for trying anything new, so I finally caved in and decided to try them.

I've used packet nails before and the glue absolutely killed my nails. It left them dry and messy, and my actual nail layer peeled for weeks, so seeing something that didn't involve glue instantly drew me. They sort of reminded me of those dress-up nails you have when you're a little kid, so obviously I was sceptical to see if they actually worked.

To my amazement they were exactly what it said on the pack... 'fast and easy.' Probably the easiest thing I've ever done in my life. In the little bottle-shaped holder you get 24 nails in all different sizes, so it was really easy to match each up to my nails. Then all you do is literally peel off the tab underneath the nail, line it up with your cuticle, push and slide it down and hold it for a few seconds. That's it... lovely, nice nails in literally two minutes! Amazing! Apparently these nails last for up to a week, so I'm going to test out this method and see how they last. I work in retail and at the minute its all heavy-duty lifting and carrying sorting out the big sales, so hopefully these nails can withstand the strain.

On first impressions, I love them! They are quick and simple to do, there's no messy glue involved, and they look really lovely too. The ladies at work were actually asking me where I had got my nails done, so that was a bonus. The nails also some in a range of different colours and styles, which if these hold out I'll definitely be trying.

Have you used Impress before? How did you find them?

No comments :

Post a Comment