Thursday 27 September 2012

Nail Varnish Bargains


1. Plum Raisin 2. Emerald 3. Cocoa Motion 4. Racing Rubies

I thought I'd share some little bargains I've bought over the past few days, and yes, it is more nail varnish. I can't get enough and in my post a few days ago I said how I couldn't find any nice colours at the minute. Well, I happened to stumble across some gorgeous colours when I didn't even expect to or really have the money on me (thank you Mummy!)

The first two, Plum Raisin and Emerald, were from good old Tesco. Months ago I did a little review of some other Tesco polishes, which you can find here, and I was really impressed with the colours and the quality. For 99p you really can't go wrong and I tend to take the little polishes on holiday with me in case I want to change my colour quickly. I wanted some darker shades and was instantly drawn to the dark purple and black colours, which both a hint of sparkle and shine to them. I've only used them for the swatches above, but the quality seems as good as ever and it took two coats to get a full colour.

The second two are Maybelline Express Finish polishes. I got these from my local Discount UK, which is like Home Bargains or any other discount shops, and was actually really surprised with the selection they had. Usually you find your normal low-end, cheap make-up, but I was shocked when I found brands such as Maybelline, Nivea, Sally Hansen and Revlon - I was in heaven! These two polishes were £1 each, which is an absolute bargain compared to the £4.00 price tag in Superdrug. They are completely the same product, there's obviously just not as much choice colour wise.

I absolutely LOVE the Maybelline polishes. I painted both my fingers and toes in Cocoa Motion and as soon as half my family saw, they wanted in on the action too. So now the ladies in my family all have nails coloured in either that or Racing Rubies, so we all match. I'd urge anyone to root through your local discount shops for little gems like these! A £3 saving on a drug store polish is an absolutely amazing bargain for me, and I'm definitely thinking about going back to get my hands on some Sally Hansen goodies.

What is your favourite bargain buy?

4 comments :

  1. I really love the look of Cocoa Motion! It's gorgeous! I'm a huge fan of the Maybelline nail varnishes so I'll definitely be purchasing this :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the second time I'd tried Maybelline polishes and honestly, I don't think I'd think twice about using anything else. The colour's still on now and it hasn't chipped much at all. Really impressed!

      Terri xo

      Delete
  2. I love 'cocoa motion' Looks perfect for Autumn as quite muted and not too bright! What a bargain I dont think I've ever picked up a polish for £1! Need to look harder. Great post:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, its my favourite at the minute! Its on my fingers and toes now :)) I've had it on a week and its hardly chipped or anything, so 10/10 in my opinion!

      Terri xo

      Delete