Monday 17 December 2012

The Beauty Blender Sponge



This is another beauty product that I've been seeing a lot of recently and was extremely eager to try for myself. I'd actually seen the Cosmopolitan one reviewed on a blog I tend to read a lot and my instant reaction was need to try this, as in the past I've absolutely hated make-up sponges. The thought of all that excess make-up getting clogged into the sponge makes me shudder and feel a bit sick, but nevertheless I hopped straight onto the internet to research and purchase. I went straight to eBay and found this bargain blue one at £2.99 with free delivery, super stuff! I really didn't want to spend a lot on something I thought I wasn't going to like, and figured that all the sponges do the same thing? 

As you can see from the pictures above I have been testing it and I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised by the outcome. A the minute my skin is super dry and I'm trying to tackle it with huge amounts of moisturiser, so its really hard to apply my foundation at the minute. I've been using my trusty Real Techniques foundation brush included in the Core Collection, then blending the foundation with this sponge and it has worked so well. The sponge gives a really even, flawless look that I still find I don't get sometimes when using brushes. It also helps to soften and remove the foundation lines that brushes sometimes leave too, which is so much better than using your fingers.

I've found that the larger flat side is very good for blending on larger areas of the face, such as the cheeks and forehead, because it just works really well especially on the cheeks. The pointed side of the sponge is really good for around the nose, as the thin point can reach into the harder places that a wide sponge can't. There's many a time I have to blend foundation around my nose with my fingers because my usual tools haven't done the job, so I'm glad there's something that can help with this.

I'm still a bit funny about the whole germs germs germs thing but I've figured that if I keep it really clean then everything should be okay. If anyone has any tips for my please feel free to comment! Overall I'm extremely surprised and really happy with the outcome of this little sponge. It just shows that if you have any doubts you should always try the product... I always tend to be impressed when my doubts are corrected.

Have you tried the Beauty Blender? What are your opinions?

6 comments :

  1. I don't really wear foundation but nonetheless this little sponge looks quite cool, looks like it could be good for cream blush too!

    Efia @ Effy Talks Life

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It probably would be yeah, good idea I hadn't thought of that :))

      Terri xo

      Delete
  2. I use the cosmo dupe of the beauty blender when I apply foundation on my mum and I love it :)

    mezmadeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the Cosmo one first then found this cheaper one on eBay :)) I'm really impressed with it too, its definitely a favourite at the minute!

      Terri xo

      Delete
  3. I've seen these things everywhere, it may be time I bought one - yours was a bargain! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely didn't want to pay £5 for one, I know it still isn't much but you know its Christmas and everything haha :P I'm really glad I got one though, I love it!

      Terri xo

      Delete