Friday 4 January 2013

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation


Maybelline foundations have been taking a back seat recently to the absolutely wonderful creations that Rimmel seem to keep throwing out. I swore nothing would be as good as Wake Me Up, as that was my absolute favourite thing ever over the summer, but when I started to see reviews about this I was very curious. I've never really tried Maybelline foundations much so I never really know what to expect, but seeing as there was the opportunity to try a free sample I thought why not?

I wasn't entirely sure what shade would suit me best, and to be honest there weren't all that many to choose from... it seemed like I had the last pick of all the remainders. Anyway at the time I still had a light tan so I chose what I thought looked best for me, which was shade 120 - Classic Ivory. On the website the colour looked near enough perfect but obviously it isn't ideal matching to a computer screen. I found myself waiting a few weeks for the sample to appear and to be honest I'd actually forgotten about it by the time it arrived.

The packaging that it came in was actually really good in my opinion and made it look super slick. I quite like packaging on a product and it was a nice surprise to it just being a little sachet or the tube just packed in an envelope. It was also nice that they included a little colour chart and then told you what your shade would be in the foundation, as well as the concealer and powder. I love it when you get a little help with things like that, I'm always useless at picking colours for myself.

The foundation itself was TOTALLY the wrong colour for me and left me looking majorly orange. The colour that I saw on the website couldn't have been further away from what I actually received, I actually couldn't believe that they classed that shade as an 'Ivory' kind of shade at all. It was far too dark for me and actually left an awful orange tint to my skin which lets be honest, absolutely no one wants or needs. The foundation itself felt okay on my skin but I think altogether I was totally put off by the colour I'd turned. I was in two minds on whether to go and actually buy the right shade to try, but all in all I guess I was put off the idea.

Overall, I don't really have a lot of good to report on this product. I think the overall colour situation sort of masked the fact that I actually had to review this product as a whole. I just wanted to get it off my face as soon as I could, so I'm actually really disappointed. Hopefully I can rebuild a lovely little relationship with Maybelline foundations one day, but for the moment Rimmel will always be my one true love!

12 comments :

  1. This happened to me too! I was excited to try the sample and they also sent the classic ivory which is way to orange and dark for me. I suppose I'll have to save up and buy the lightest shade in the future to review. Pfft.

    Laura xoxo
    http://pale-girl-reviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know its gutting isn't it :/ I was really excited to actually try this too but I'm so put off by the colours.

      Terri xo

      Delete
  2. Too bad, it's weird that a shade with "ivory" in the name would have orangey undertones! I frequently have that problem with foundations... hope you find a color that suits you better!

    xx Ellie
    www.ellalogy.com 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I thought the exact same thing, I think thats why I was so gutted when it came. I couldn't believe that anything with the name ivory could be matching to that shade at all! Thank you lovely :))

      Terri xo

      Delete
  3. I was excited too, but the shade I thought would 'fit me' didn't. I gave it to my sister thought ha

    www.mintyessence.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally the same as me then :/ It seems like this has happened to a lot of people, not very impressing I guess.

      Terri xo

      Delete
  4. Popping over from the January Blog Hop! Nice to meet you! Be sure to check out my giveaway! GIVEAWAY HERE!

    -Allison
    Finding My Happy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you lovely :)) I'll be sure to check it out!

      Terri xo

      Delete
  5. Following from the January blog hop! Loving your blog. I'd love for you to stop by and follow back :)

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.stephanieziajka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I'll definitely check yours out, thank you!

      Terri xo

      Delete
  6. It sucks the color was so wrong. I havent tried it myself but I do absolutely love Wake Me Up too. Im not sure what I will do when I run out since it was sent to me in a swap:)

    Sara xx
    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too, I spent all last summer wearing it but I haven't bought it again. Maybe it will be my summer foundation again this year :))

      Terri xo

      Delete