Wednesday 25 July 2012

Latest In Beauty Samples - July

Latest In Beauty Samples - £1.50 

I haven't ordered any samples from Latest In Beauty for a while, so I decided to make a sneaky order while I had some spare time. To be honest when I looked at the choice of samples to order, I wasn't exactly jumping for joy at anything. Half of the products are things I have already tried, and the other half are things that I either don't like or don't suit me. So after reading lots of reviews I ended up ordering these two new samples and a random one that I don't like. Latest In Beauty doesn't let you order the same sample twice, or it won't for me, so anything that I'd like to try again is out of bounds.

I decided to try Lavera Organic Rose Eye Gel and Yardley Peony EDT. I like the idea of these two samples and I always like to smell new perfumes, so I guess they were okay for me. The Rose Eye Gel is created especially for dry and 'mature skin' and is supposed to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Its safe to say that I don't yet have wrinkles but my skin does get quite dry, so this could be good for me.

The Yardley Peony EDT smells lovely and is really summery. It has tones of green leaves, peony flower, red currant, geranium and amber - these all help to bring out its floral scent. I actually really like the smell of this perfume, but I'm not so sure that I would buy it. I put three or four drops onto my wrist to test and it was so over powering, which totally ruined the smell altogether. I tried two drops the day after and it was a lot better, but I can see it being quite over powering and heavy if you accidentally put too much on. 

I shall get back to you with my review on the Eye Gel, but overall I do quite like the scent of the Yardley perfume. I wouldn't buy it for myself but as a sample it was nice to try, and I will definitely keep it just in case I ever need a little backup spritz.

No comments :

Post a Comment